Oct 31, 2007

Style frame designs

Today I'm uploading style frames for my thesis. What's interesting about them is that I'm using photographs rather than sketches or illustrations. This is better because it not only helps my audience/viewers to instantly understand that this project will be 3d composited over live footage, but it also allows me to make adjustments (rather quickly) regarding color correction for setting the time of day, tone of the sequence, color palette.

I think what's working is the interior lighting vs. the exterior. Inside the room lights are lit. Perhaps it's because of the time of day? Anyways, it's much darker than the outdoor, which is naturally lit. The point is that I'm trying to emphasize why the outdoor is more alluring. It's brighter, warmer, more natural. Wouldn't you want to be outside too?

Style frame design (3mb)
Story Story(in PDF format)
View it!

No comments: