Oct 8, 2007

Scratching my head

I'm still scratching my head about my concept. It doesn't appear to be taking shape. I think part of the reason is I couldn't decide what the context for the card should be. Am I talking about collecting or keepsakes? There's a difference. But the main reason I'm not excited about my concept has to do with the visual effect, morphing. I feel the effect draws too much attention to itself, and therefore the overpowers the story.

Over the weekend, I read an old interview in Computer Graphics World magazine (Jan 2007). They sat down with Jim Rygiel, the VFX supervisor for the movie Night at the Museum. I'd just like to share what he said,
"Some shows, even though they're done very well, instantly scream 'effects'. I like the challenge of making things so real that you know you're watching something odd, but you're not quite sure where that like is."


I can identify with this statement. Need less to to say I did some brainstorming and came up with 5 new concepts that I would like to share. I'll narrow them down to 1 by Tuesday. I know this places me behind schedule, but it's better for me to make the change now rather than 2wks from today.

No comments: