Oct 16, 2007

Animation style

I've been thinking a lot about animation. What style should I incorporate into my story. First off, I acknowledge I have minimal experience in character animation and construction. So why am I proposing a story that's character centric? Hmmm...I've been asking myself this very question for weeks now! For starters, my focus is Digital Compositing. I want to create a project that has a 3d character interacting within a live action environment. Secondly, its one of those things (ideas that grab you) that you keep coming back to. I have a story that needs to be shared with others. Anyways, I've been researching Tim Bird. No he's not the 2nd-cousin of Larry Bird. A Tim Bird, or Ornithopter, is a mechanical bird that flaps its wings and flies like a natural bird. There are kits you can buy to make your own. But what's interesting about them is the fascination people have with them. "People are blown away when they see one of these machines, flying high overhead, doing something they thought was utterly impossible. The Ornithopter Zone

Here are some video clips which demonstrate their mobility. I think the way they operate lends itself accurately to the movement of my cuckoo bird, plus it adds legitimacy to. Yeah I know, these ads are pretty cheesy.




1 comment:

parthiban said...

dude i like the story but the only thing that bothers me is the style
if you don't want to do it in 3d and compositing is your focus why don't you do it in stop motion and composite that try to study some of Michel Gondry's works he still uses old school special effects and optical illusions to do his stuff i think you might find interesting in his movies try science of sleep - its not a movie that everybody likes but I'm sure you would find lots of interesting ideas there