Dec 23, 2007

Thesis Execution Begins!

Wednesday marked the end of the semester in Previs for me, and the beginning of Thesis execution! Man, what a week it's been! After spending the past 3months planning the story, design, color palette, shot list, film date, finding a DP, finding a crew, and other content, almost all of began to unravel in 1 week. The film insurance from the university for equipment rental needed to be changed because the lighting studio I originally had scheduled to rent from could not fulfill my request for equipment. I had to locate another rental house AND have the school process/confirm my request for the new rental house in less than a week. My entire production schedule was in jeopardy. The long and the short of it is I explained my situation to M. Hosenfeld and he was able to accelerate the turnaround time for the new insurance certificate. Thanks to Michael and thanks to ALNY (Available Light New York), the lighting rental house I ended up using. They're attentive,professional, reasonable discounts for students, and I highly recommend them to students interested in using set lights in their productions.

No comments: