Dec 1, 2007

Production is on schedule

Great news! Things seem to be on schedule. Last week I found nearly all of my resources. I located my DP (Director of Photography), Seth Melnick. Seth is no stranger to CADA. He was the cinematographer for Rodrigo and Chris' individual thesis projects last year. We've had several conversations on the phone, and he has a production list that's longer than the Mississippi River. All jokes aside, Seth is extremely skilled at his craft, and came highly recommended. I'm terribly excited to work along side him. I also found my principle location to film my this. My classmate Danielle agreed to let me film in her living room and backyard. She was even generous enough to take scouting photos of her place for me to get a since of the environment. BIG UPs to Danielle!! Through Craigslist.org I bought my cuckoo clock prop. Yes, many thanks to Cheryl G. in Georgia for being able to fulfill such an unusual request, at an affordable price. I even like the design; it's quite close to my visual references. Finally, I received approval from NYU Insurance & Risk Management Dept for the film insurance. I'm extremely thankful to all these people for their help and interest.

I'm meeting with Seth next week to plan out the order of events for the day of the shoot, Dec. 22nd. Now all I need is a crew and for the weather to remain pleasant (please God no snow just yet!) until after the shoot. Otherwise, I'll be outside 6am with hair dryers to melt the snow on ground. Haha. Ha?

No comments: